2019 Beach Wrestling Tournament
August, 10, 2019; 2 p.m.
The Trine University wrestling team will be hosting a beach wrestling tournament on Trine's campus at the sand volleyball courts on Saturday, Aug. 10. All age groups are welcome from youth, 8th - 12 grades and an "open" division by weight class.
Entry fee is $15. To register online, please click here.
All weight classes will be blocked together depending on how many participants sign up. Each weight class will have at least four competitors in each bracket.
Beach Wrestling Rules:
- First wrestler to THREE points is declared the winner
- One point for a takedown or pushout and two points for takedowns with back exposure
- One three-minute period with no overtime
- Criteria for match tied during regulation: 1. Highest value action; 2. Last to score
- Wrestling surface is seven meters in diameter (approx. 23 feet).